The RCA Houses Conference is an intimate and power-packed experience where faculty members from schools that use RCA’s official houses of Altruismo, Amistad, Isibindi and Rêveur will come together for an incredible two-day experience where they will learn how to enhance their school’s house system!
Here’s what to expect!
July 9, 2021
- 1:00PM – 4:00PM
- Registration and RCA Tours
- Parade of Houses
- Naming of the International House Champions!
- During this ceremony, we will highlight the great work that schools have done around the country of implementing the house system prior. Awards will be presented for Houses of the Year, highlighting the schools that do the best job of representing each house in a way that is meaningful, in-depth and innovative.
- State of the Houses Address
- We will highlight goals, strategies and exciting plans for the upcoming school year!
- Family Announcement
- BELONGING 101
- 7:00PM – 9:00PM
- “HOUSE” PARTY!
- Wear your House color with pride! This party will not be one to miss!
July 10, 2021
- 9:00AM – 4:00PM
- Kicking off your house system for 2021-22 (Preplanning and Goal Setting)
- Morning interactive and hands-on sessions on: House-specific.
- Parental Involvement
- Sorting Staff/Sorting Students
- Community Involvement
- Classroom Observations
- Developing Student Leaders
- House Meetings (Structure, purpose and keys to success)
- Afternoon interactive and hands-on sessions on:
- Mistakes to Avoid
- Maintaining the Motivation (Avoiding Lulls)
- Outings, Events and Bonding
- Chants in a Nutshell
- Planning Your House Championship/Celebrations
- Awarding points
- New App Features and Developments
- BIG GAME
- The end of the day will culminate with a major house obstacle course, where participants will compete to see which house will be the winner of the first ever “House Gauntlet Challenge!”
ARE YOU READY TO REPRESENT?!? Ron, Kim, Junior and Kirk can’t wait to see you there, and the RCA team is ready to welcome you with open arms! Let’s go!
Click here to register for the House Event of the Year!